Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our trip to Island Park

Makenna having fun on the beach


Makenna and Dad at the Rodeo


Makenna and Mom getting ready for a boat ride


At the candy shop in Virginia City


My ride on Big Birtha!



We just got back last week from Idaho! This is our annual trip we take every summer with Dallin's side of the family. His grandpa owns a cabin in Island Park, so we all head up there for fun at the lake. We decided to to take a different route this year for new scenery. We ended up driving up through a few small towns in Montana. We stopped in Virginia City to check it out. It's a small town with little shops in really old buildings and all the people working in the shops were dressed up like pioneers. One of the shops Makenna made us stop at was of course, the candy store! We then headed through Earthquake Lake area which was really pretty. Once we got to the cabin, the next few days were just having fun swimming in the lake, boating, water skiing, and of course Big Birtha!
We also went to the rodeo one day. This was Makenna's first time at a rodeo so she thought it was pretty cool. When we got there we kept seeing horses and all she wanted to do was ride on one of the horses. When the rodeo first started she was all woried because the horses were bucking the people off their back. We had to tell her it was just a game, then she was fine. We always have fun when we go up to the cabin and we look forward to going again next year!

7 comments:

Meet the Falkners said...

Super cute! See, you have stuff to blog! Thanks for starting one and sharing it!

Dale, Alise and Kaylee said...

Trisha! I am so excited you have a blog now. Now we cna know what is going on with each other. I love all the cute pics. Makenna has some darling ones. I miss you guys. You need to come up and visit!

jeffandlorraine said...

Trisha!!! I'm so glad you started a blog! You look great and Makenna is is adorable! I can't believe how big she's getting! I love keeping in touch this way!

Erin said...

Hi Trisha! I just found your blog linked through Lorraine's! I hope you don't mind that I took a look! I have a blog too, it's private so if you want to see it e-mail me
erincoles81@yahoo.com and I'll invite you to look at it! I hope all is well!
Erin (Berrett) Coles

Becky R. said...

Hey! I'm so glad you guys have a blog-it's such a fun way to keep in touch with people! Thanks for telling us about it! The pictures are great, I'm glad you guys had fun in Island Park, and I'm glad you were able to meet us for dinner-it was so fun to see you guys one more time before we left!

The Hale Family said...

Trisha, hey i found your blog through Alise! Cute little family... How are you? Angie is expecting. She has a blog too and is due in March.. How is life??

Loni Hanson said...

Trisha! Remember me?? LOL! How are you ? Your family is so cute! Are you living in Utah?