Thursday, June 10, 2010

Zions and St. George

A few weekends ago we decided to go down to St. George and Zions just to get away and do something fun. We left early Friday Morning and spent the day in St. George. We also visited a ghost town called Grafton. I have ancestors who are from Grafton. On Saturday we spent the day in Zions. We went on a few hikes. It was way fun and Makenna did awesome! Every time I ask Makenna what the funnest part of the trip was, she tells me "swimming at the hotel!" I think we could have done that all day and she would have been happy!

Here we are in Grafton in front of one of the old homes.



This is the church/school house and one of the homes in Grafton.



As we were driving to Grafton we saw these ostriches and decided to pull over and get a closer look.



We went to the St. George Temple and walked around the grounds.




These are pictures from some of our hikes in Zions.




One of the hikes was called Emerald Pools. Makenna had fun dipping her feet in the water.



Our family at the top of emerald pools.

5 comments:

The Hale Family said...

What a cute family you have... looks like you had a great mini vacation!

Becky R. said...

How fun, I love Makenna's face in the Emerald Pools picture!

Mama! said...

Looks like fun! I've been wanting to get down to Zions for quite some time now. But after seeing how awesome MaKenna did I may just wait till the boys are a bit older. You're family is adorable. Hope all else is well.

chery said...

Your little family goes on such fun adventures together! I luv it. Great pics. Thanks for sharin!!

Michele Michaels said...

So cute, I love all the pictures. I would love to hear more about Grafon, it looks intiguing. Did the ostriches bite Dallin?? Looks like a fun adventure!