Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Makenna!!

Our little princess, Makenna, turned three on Sunday! I can't believe how fast time goes by. It seems like just yesterday she was born and now she is turning three. She is such a sweet little girl who brightens our life each day. I can't believe how much she has learned in her short three years. I always say to her, "You're so cute" and she will say to me, "No, I'm not cute, I'm beautiful!" I can't imagine life without her!

She has been so excited to have her birthday party. We invited over our family and had a fun birthday celebration on Saturday night. I asked her what kind of birthday cake she wanted and she requested Hello Kitty! So, that's what I attempted to make and I think it turned out pretty cute. Makenna requested pizza for dinner, then we ate cake and ice cream, and then opened presents. (Makenna's favorite part of the night!) What a fun birthday!


Makenna and her Hello Kitty birthday cake!


Here's Makenna blowing out her candles.


Here is Makenna with her Grandma's and Grandpa's.

Opening presents

Makenna got a new baby doll that laughs and cries and moves it's head and arms. This is Makenna and her cousin Matt getting a good laugh every time the doll would shake its head! It was pretty funny.


Makenna was spoiled this year. Here she is with all her new birthday toys. She got a new table and chair set from Grandma and Grandpa Ballard, a cute cash register to play store with from Grandma and Grandpa Price, a Barbie and coloring book from Brandon, Aimee, Matt, and Maren, some fun books and puzzles from Great Grandma Davis, and her baby doll with accesories from Mom and Dad. Oh, and Alise and Dale gave her that cute outfit she is wearing when they were here last weekend!


Here is Makenna on her birthday eating her birthday breakfast. I told her I would make her anything she wanted and she chose scrambled eggs with cheese!


I saved a few presents for her to open on her actual birthday. She got some new clothes for herself and some new clothes for her baby doll!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I just love her. You are an awesome mom, that Hello Kitty cake turned out so great!

Tibett said...

What a cute cake! I'm so impressed, Trisha! Looks like a great birthday. Makenna is so darling!

brandonandaimee said...

that was a really fun night, she was sooo cute to ask Matt to help her open presents so cute thanks again for a fun night

Becky R. said...

SHe is so cute! I can't believe she's 3 already! Wow time flies. Happy Birthday Makenna! And, the cake turned out great! I'm very impressed!

Meet the Falkners said...

That cake is darling Trisha, you have some serious talents! Looks like Makenna had a great birthday! It is so amazing how time flies!

Erin said...

Ok, That cake is so cute! You're so creative! Birthdays are so fun! It's crazy to think how fast they really grow! She really is beautiful! :)

chery said...

The funnest B-day party ever!! she looks adorable and wow such gifts. Tell her Aunt Chery said she is beautiful. Trisha tell Aimee she does not leave a place to comment on her blog. I wanted to tell her what a fabulous run she had!! Or am I an idiot? See you in a few weeks!

chery said...

PS: Love the CAKE

Loni Hanson said...

What a fun birthday ! She is so darling!x

Michelle... said...

She is such a cute girl. It's crazy to think she & James are 3 already. I love her cake. Great job!

Cranberryfries said...

Trisha and Dallen! Hi you guys! I found your blog from Rachel W. You guys have an adorable family!! So fun to pop in and see you guys after it's been so long. Hope you are doing well!

Brianne said...

Trisha,
You have major cake skills! I am impressed. Looks like Makenna had a great birthday! I can't believe she is 3.

Dale, Alise and Kaylee said...

Trisha,
You have been tagged. Look at my blog and you will know what to do. I cant believe you made that cake. It looks great. You will have to come up and make all my kids cakes too. Miss you guys.